This week, I tried to lay tiles over the places I had scraped up last week. I did not, however, scrape up the mortar QUITE all the way to the edges, and had several places where only one or two tiny tiles popped, so Stephen recommended that I just leave the mortar in those places. Unfortunately, that doesn't work. We both assumed that the new mortar would settle in between the old, dried mortar. Instead, the tiles stuck up over the other tiles because mortar doesn't settle. So, needless to say, it was a HUGE MESS. I had to scrape up the new, wet mortar, clean the wet mortar off of the tiles, and then scrape out ALL of the old mortar. I hadn't wanted to to get very close to the tiles that set properly, because all of the banging would cause the tiles nearby to pop, which happened. Oh yes, it happened.
By the end of the weekend, I got it all scraped, relaid the tiles, finished the grout, and cleaned everything well. It looks awesome! I also brought in the window and cleaned it well, and polished up the wood on the stained wood side. It still has a little bit of glazing that I haven't been able to get off - Stephen will help with it later. Stephen had to work all seven days last week (and he will again this week,) so no progress to report on the well quite yet.