We started this year doing a complete remodel of a bathroom at Stephen's uncle's house. And I mean COMPLETE. Not only were the walls taken back to the studs, but damage to the floors required that Stephen replace part of the subfloor, and discoveries about the old plumbing required him to replace all of the existing plumbing in the room. He also had to make some changes to the electrical. However, all of the fixtures went into roughly the same places they came out of. The toilet was the only part of the original room that was saved.
This picture shows the new wall and ceiling finish, the new light fixture, the window and the tile work.
Monday, July 15, 2013
We've been taking the year off to do a remodel, and here are some pictures of the kitchen, which we just finished. It isn't officially part of the Owner Built project, but at least it shows what we've done with our time. Stephen moved a door frame and I assembled the cabinets before we started the remodel, which started with a complete tear-out of the existing kitchen on a Saturday, and the work was done the next Saturday, except the floor, which I did during the next week while the owners were at work during the day. Stephen took a week off from work to do the project.